Day one of Capitol Offense is over and you can expect the usual awesome recap from Murilee Martin on the 24 Hours of LeMons' Car and Driver page following yesterday's BS Inspection post.
And you can compare our predictions with today's standings below.
But we'll tell you this: Three-time runners-up Pro Crash Duh Nation have the worst luck in the crapcan world. While leading the race this morning, Mother Nature turned on them. Their Alfa Romeo Milano clipped a wild deer that had strayed onto the Summit Point Raceway surface, knocking them from P1 and giving the driver the brownest moment of his or her life.
Luckily, Three Pedal Mafia's Boat was running just behind and had in-car video recording. Video after the jump.
Watch the black car as it brakes what appears unnecessarily hard before the deer clips the top half of the windshield and then nearly collects the Three Pedal Mafia driver.
Meanwhile, there are some great races going on for the slightly luckier teams. Here are the standings after the first day of racing.
1. #556 Ghetto Motorsports (Mazda RX-7) - 275 Laps
2. #13 Grim Reaper Racing (Ford Mustang) - 274 Laps
3. #101 Team Fiery Death (Toyota Celica) - 273
4. #45 Nemesis Ridiculii (Nissan 240SX) - 273 Laps
5. #902 Cardorks B (BMW E30) - 270 Laps
6. #140 Questie's Revenge (Ford Escort) - 270 Laps
7. #469 Rally Baby Racing Car X (BMW E30) - 269 Laps
8. #444 Rally Baby Racing (Audi 4000) - 268 Laps, Class B Leader
9. #240 Keystone Kops (Volvo 240) - 267 Laps
10. #30 Overengineer'd Racing (BMW E30) - 262 Laps
1. #444 Rally Baby Racing (Audi 4000) - 268 Laps
2. #91 Not So Fresh Off the Boat (Oldsmobile Delta 88) - 257 Laps
3. #3 Team Scrap Iron (Ford Escort) - 254 Laps
4. #62 Turtle Eclips of the Heart (Mitsubishi Eclipse) - 253 Laps
5. #82 DeCuzz Racing Tellie Tubby Still Trying (Pontiac Fiero) - 248 Laps
1. #42 3 Pedal Mafia (Sea Sprite/Chevy S10) - 249 Laps
2. #6 It Ain't My Fault/Morrows Racing (AMC Gremlin?) - 242 Laps
3. #461 Speedycop and the Gang of Outlaws (Ford Mustang?) - 235 Laps
4. #63 Secret Service Racing (Chevy Cavalier) - 225 Laps
5. #2 Austin Powerless (Austin Marina) - 187 Laps