Bill Danger wins their second consecutive 24 Hours of LeMons Spring race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway by a single lap from the Keystone Kops' V8-swapped Volvo 240. The second place is the Kops' best finish of all time and they narrowly missed victory.
Here are the top finishers overall and in each of the three classes:
OVERALL TOP 10
1. #106 Bill Danger (Honda Accord) - 514 Laps
2. #242 Keystone Kops (Volvo 240/V8 Swap) - 513 Laps
3. #71 Near-Orbital Space Monkeys (Ford Mustang) - 502 Laps
4. #281 The Silver Errors - Ziegel Scheissehaus (Mercedes 190E) - 491 Laps
5. #84 Walk of Shame Racing (BMW E36) - 490 Laps, Fastest Lap: 1:23.823
6. #26 Team Pro Crash Duh Nation (Alfa Romeo Milano) - 489 Laps
7. #508 Massholes (Ford Escort ZX2) - 482 Laps
8. #5 Team Apres Ski Racing (Acura Integra) - 482 Laps, Class B Winner
9. #30 Overengineer'd Racing (BMW E30) - 477 Laps
10. #555 The Maine Dental Association (Chevy Cavalier) - 471 Laps, Class B
For those keeping track, that's 10 different models in the Top 10.
1. #5 Team Apres Ski Racing (Acura Integra) - 482 Laps
2. #555 The Maine Dental Association (Chevy Cavalier) - 471 Laps
3. #111 Team Placebo (Subaru Impreza) - 432 Laps
4. #4 Valsalva Racing/Rally Baby Racing (Audi 4000) - 421 Laps
5. #19 Hertzwen I.P. Racing (Volkswagen Jetta) - 413 Laps
Fast Al's Race Team led Class B for most of the race by around 10 laps before a race-ending ailment put their Volvo 740 out of commission.
1. #43 Three Pedal Mafia (Triumph TR7) - 452 Laps
2. #42 Three Pedal Mafia (Chevy S10/Boat) - 438 Laps
3. #34 Full Nelson (Saab 96) - 411 Laps
4. #116 Chev-itte Where the Sun Don't Shine (Chevy Chevette) - 384 Laps
5. #92 Team Waahmbulance (Dodge Daytona) - 336 Laps
Three Pedal Mafia's 1-2 finish in Class C is the first instance we know of a team taking the top two Class C slots. Their Triumph took home the coveted Index of Effluency for their effort, which landed them in the mid-teens overall.
Kudos to Team Waahmbulance for running almost a full race. They got a late start Saturday, but 336 laps is nothing to sneeze at for this squad.
Heroic Fix went to Team Farfrumwinnin, who blew up their rare Volkswagen Fox's motor Friday before the race even began and worked all weekend to put together a "close enough" motor, returning to the track on Sunday long enough to log 42 laps and keep them from finishing dead last (DFL).
DFL, incidentally, went to Rusty Dragon Racing, who popped a motor in their Volkswagen Golf at its October debut after 77 laps. To "remedy" this, they put a Honda A20 into their Golf, only to have it toss a rod in 23 laps.
Post a Comment